Library Features for SolidWorks
Explore and download free library features for SolidWorks that can be dragged and dropped into your SolidWorks designs to eliminate the time it takes to create reusable geometry.
A library feature is a frequently used feature, or combination of features, that you create once and then save in a library for future use. Most feature types are supported, some with certain limitations. Library features usually consist of features added to a base feature, but not the base feature itself. Because you cannot have two base features in a single part, you cannot insert a library feature that includes a base feature into a part that already has a base feature. However, you can create a library feature that includes the base feature and insert it in an empty part.
3D ContentCentral® is a community of both users and suppliers. Library features are available on 3D ContentCentral for users of SolidWorks® 3D CAD software along with millions of supplier parts and assemblies that have been certified by the manufacturers of these commercial, off-the-shelf components, SolidWorks 2D blocks, and macros.
How does 3D ContentCentral work?
On 3D ContentCentral, you can perform any of the following tasks, thereby saving you precious design time that you would otherwise spend designing 2D or 3D CAD models of supplier components from 2D catalogs (PDF or DWG files):
- Search for supplier components using part numbers, product names, descriptions, product parameters, and other application-specific criteria, or by simply browsing through an intuitive catalog interface. When you locate a component you want, request a quote from the supplier by simply submitting an RFQ (Request for Quotation) directly from the component page.
- Configure components based on specific requirements, such as dimensions, features, colors, and accessories.
- View free 2D and 3D parts & assemblies of both user-contributed and supplier components, 2D blocks, Library Features and Macros. You can zoom, pan, and rotate the parts & assemblies.
- Download free 2D blocks, library features and macros for SolidWorks. Download free 2D and 3D parts & assemblies in just seconds, in either native formats for several major mechanical CAD systems, including SolidWorks® 3D CAD software, CATIA®, DraftSight™, Pro/ENGINEER®, eDrawings®, and AutoCAD®, or industry standard CAD formats for Autodesk Inventor™ Series, Solid Edge™, Unigraphics®, and other CAD systems.
- Tag your favorite parts & assemblies, 2D blocks, library features, and macros with the keywords you use and then whenever you want them next simply search with your keywords.
- Request specific parts & assemblies, 2D blocks, library features, and macros of the user community.
- Personalize your own workspace on 3DCC and easily access your favorites, requests, gallery, comments, profile, downloads, and views.